I realize that I have been terrible at keeping up with my gratitude list - well, at least, in print where you guys can see it!I am happy to say, I am very aware now of taking in the "moments"... those little times when I feel proud of something my kids have done, or their innocence amazes me and overwhelms me.
So I am making the list, just not sharing it. So shame on me :-)
I would like to offer a Thankful Thursday from now on where I can update my list and include my list so far.
And, on a completely random note, today I told my toddler, "watch where you're walking, so you don't fall down." After I said it, I realized how appropriate it is as advice for all of us. It is usually quite easy to stray from the path we set out to take. Sometimes staying on the well traveled road is wise, and sometimes blazing our own trail makes more sense. Regardless of the reason, most of us do best when we "walk" with like-minded individuals; people who will support us and lift us up, rather than lead us into danger or places we just shouldn't be.
So whether you are a Christian desiring to surround yourself with wholesome and uplifting friends, music, and fellowship; or recovering from an addiction and trying to walk a different path from those old friends who got you in trouble; or, maybe, you've struggled with depression or self-worth...
I say to you today, as much as I say to myself,
"watch where you walking, so you don't fall down."
And, here's hoping your path is a leisurely stroll with a spectacular view!
While the complete gratitude list is still being compiled, here are some things I am grateful for today:
- friends who come and go and love me the same all the time
- friends who I haven't seen in ages but who pick up right where we left off
- the hot sunshine
- working AC :-)
- a husband who works his job with integrity when most others around him do not
- that every day is a NEW day
- the ability (and privilege) to learn from my mistakes
- rewards for a job well done
- bedtime stories
- hugs and kisses
- doggie paws running to the door when her master comes home
- left-overs :-)
- writing down my jumbled thoughts and knowing it's cheaper than therapy- haha!
What are you Thankful for this Thursday?